Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else used chemi clean? I personally used it twice when I had minor cyano algae breakouts and they were both cleared up within a day! Just wondering if anyone else has used this?

I see so many people saying they have red slime and they can't get rid of it, and I guess since my two experiences with chemi clean worked like magic, just wondering if it's not working for people, or if they aren't trying it, or what?

Just to mention, I have a full reef tank and although I was afraid to put things into my tank, never had one casualty from the chemi clean.

Ill just clarify again that I don't have any red slime issues now, just wondering if other people haven't tried this stuff because I think it's a miracle worker honestly, and maybe other people just don't know about it.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have used CHEMI CLEAN and i love that stuff. never had cyano after i used it.
Yea that was my exact experience, and when I say I had it two times, it was one time on two different tanks. I was reading the thread about what water people are using, and so many people were saying they had cyano issues..... I am just wondering if they don't know this product exists or think its a gimmick or what....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Algae

I have an issue with brown algea which i got under control really with my phosphate reactor. I also have a big issue with green hair algae. I am sure the red slime algea exists as well lol. Will Chem Clean help me out??? if so can you guys post a link to buy it so i can get it right away lol?

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have an issue with brown algea which i got under control really with my phosphate reactor. I also have a big issue with green hair algae. I am sure the red slime algea exists as well lol. Will Chem Clean help me out??? if so can you guys post a link to buy it so i can get it right away lol?
I used it about 5 years ago after just setting up a system and worked well and never a problem after. Red slime algae (AKA Cyanobacteria) is not an actual algae but rather a bloom a certain strain of bacteria. It will thrive on the same thing that algae does however.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Did you make sure to take out all your carbon and other media and turn off your skimmer for 48 hours?
probably a good idea. The only thing I would say you need to do before using it is figure out what cuased it so there isnt a repeat after you use it. I would also recommend you increase the flow and cut your photo period down to only a couple hours during the treatment.

·
Registered
97 Posts
HOLY SMOKES!!!! THat stuff works excellent. I had a cyano outbreak and it was crazy. I didn't want to use any chemicals and I just fought too long and decided i will try something. It was there and gone right away. It just made my skimmer go nuts after I did the water change like the directions said. I just dumped out the collection cup for about 2 hours straight and then it was back to normal.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think people have problems because the don't follow the directions on how much to dose and even more important the 20% water change 49 hours afterwards and some corals stress big time from the stuff, especially some lps such as hammer/torch corals and pocillopora sps will show hardly no polyps for a few days after treatment, but none the less the stuff works great.

I used it a few months ago after bio-pellets caused all kinds of cynao in my tank, took the pellets offline and one dose and it's gone. Went to vinegar with great results and no cynao what so ever.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I think people have problems because the don't follow the directions on how much to dose and even more important the 20% water change 49 hours afterwards and some corals stress big time from the stuff, especially some lps such as hammer/torch corals and pocillopora sps will show hardly no polyps for a few days after treatment, but none the less the stuff works great.

I used it a few months ago after bio-pellets caused all kinds of cynao in my tank, took the pellets offline and one dose and it's gone. Went to vinegar with great results and no cynao what so ever.
+ 1 on that

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.