Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't you hate it when you make a rookie mistake?!!!!:mad:

My extremely bright neon green open brain, that was doing so well for the last 5 or 6 months, all of a sudden took a crap on me. I noticed a small spot of tissue recession about a week and a half ago, so I checked all params, everything was good. I did a 20 percent water change, since it was due anyway. I have been testing every other day, and I even did another 20 percent water change 5 days ago, still the recession continued at an even faster rate. So I go to do another water change today and I wonder "when was the last time I checked the calibration on my refractometer?"..............it was way off:eek: . My dang salinity was at 42 ppt!!!!!-speechles

So I'm in the process of slowly lowering my salinity to normal levels, hopefully my beatiful brain will recover, there's only about a third of it left:( . I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake, wait a minute...........yes I can:rolleyes:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Been there before!! The beginning of this year I checked all of my equiptment and made sure everything was in order. Glade to hear your brain will recover

1 - 4 of 4 Posts