Michigan Reefers banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 gallon reef aquarium, I am looking for a fish or invertebrate to keep the sand stirred up and clean... I've heard good and bad about the diamond Goby... What are your opinions? Do they make that big of a mess and if so, is the mess worth it? I have all of my rock down middle of the whole length of the tank. If no to the Diamond Goby, then what do you recommend? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
How deep is your sandbed, and is your goal to stir up the sand in the entire tank? Gobys will ofter make one or two tunnels but in my experience are not good at keeping the entire sandbed disturbed. Other inverts such as the tiger sand conch snail and sea star will move around in your sand.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Gobies are great IF and that's a big if, your rock was set on the tank bottom and not the substrate, otherwise you'll have a serious collapse on your hands. Gobies, imo are one of the best things in the hobby, but I've been posting that I have 10+ in my tank already.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My diamond is killing my hermits and smaller snails. He does keep my sand clean. If I get rid of him I'll go with nassarius and fighting conch snails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts