Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with montipora digitata growing together. I did this a few years back with monti caps and had some good success. I am assuming they are just going to sting each other, but it's worth a try. Also looking for other digis. I have blue, orange, purple and superman.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am actually trying the same thing, a few weeks back I fragged my green digi and orange digi, and put both on the same frag plug. Keep me updated! I'll do the same

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have a purple digi that has grown around an orange digi....they were started as small frags and are now the size of a grape fruit....they just grow around each other and don't touch or sting each other.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I too did this a few weeks back with an Orange digi and Purple digi frags that I picked up from turtle. However, the bases on mine are oragne and purple but, the polyps are brown.:( Any thoughts as to why that is and why they don't have the appropriate colored polyps? I too am looking for other colors of Digi.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I started with four; orange, red, green and purple. The purple quickly got overgrown. The colony eventually got to a little over 2' before I copped it up and gave some pieces away. Those things just grow so darn fast and take up too much real estate.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I started with four; orange, red, green and purple. The purple quickly got overgrown. The colony eventually got to a little over 2' before I copped it up and gave some pieces away. Those things just grow so darn fast and take up too much real estate.
Thats impressive.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I cant even imagine how good this will look! I really hope this works. Im trying to imagine those colonies when thay are massive!

Sent from my Samsung Smartphone using Tapatalk. When I should be doing something more productive.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I am assuming they are just going to sting each other, but it's worth a try.
My initial response, although not based on first hand experience trying this, is that they will ignore each other given they are the same species.

Digis aren't very aggressive stingers...unlike some of the encrusters that can be a bit nasty. They'll probably grow away from each sensing the other color is just an obstruction. Be cool if they intermixed, but I doubt that's going to happen.

When it does grow out you'll have one heck of a joke next April 1. You can post pictures of your creation and call it a "Bikini Atoll tri-color digi" and announce frags for an insane price.

And oh yeah....since I can't find purple digis on the West side to compliment my orange and green you guys all suck. :3195:

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have a pink digi totally covered plug that I broke off at the base, its starting to grow a couple sticks. I'll trade for a little blue frag.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a pink digi totally covered plug that I broke off at the base, its starting to grow a couple sticks. I'll trade for a little blue frag.
PM Sent!

I got caught late with a student, I will get the updates up tomorrow.

If anyone wants to try a frag of all three I have two available.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts