Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to build my own acrylic sump. Thinking of stealing the Bashsea "bio-fuge" design.
One baffle, then top to bottom dividers with holes for the fuge, then another baffle before the return chamber. Bio-balls in between the baffles and the fuge dividers.

Anyone have experience with a sump/fuge with flow through dividers as opposed to an all-baffle system?

Also, is there a formula i can use to L*W*H to figure out how many gallons?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
why one would add bio balls to a fuge is beyond me.
i have a few different makes of fuges up at the store ( Reef Solution ) and i will be there from 12-5 today. stop up and i will help you design one based on your personal needs/wants/desires. lol

Jeff

·
Registered
414 Posts
Baffles will keep what you put in each chamber in the same chamber - don't use bio-balls, they can harbor bacteria. Good idea to take that Bashea Idea and a notebook up to talk to Jeff - he'll hook you up big time.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff - what are your hours during the week? You're litterally down the block from my work.

I'm leaning towards trying to do it myself, because I want to save the $$ and just to see if I can do it. I do have an interest in learning to work with acrylic. However, I'm not opposed to seeing what you got going on. Thanks

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i am up there every tues and Thur after 4. and every other weekend ( happens to be not this weekend). but i live at Martin and Mound. you could swing by most any time on the weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.