Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice. I'm working on a similar stand for my 90gal - which is currently on a 2x4 box in the study. Now that it lives in the study it's time for an upgrade. I'm using oak ply not solid. I'm going to make the side panels detachable for easy access to the pump et al. I purchased several rare earth magnets which I plan to counter sink into the 2x4 support work and line them up with the ply fascia. I hope it turns out nice like yours. Cheers :eek:rder

·
Registered
361 Posts
That stand is be-a-utiful.

llaferte - what would the rare earth magnets in your stand be for? To take the panels off? What is the significance of "rare earth"? Sorry for hijacking.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for the kind Words I will be posting new picks soon after I am done staining an clearing 3 coats of stain down 1 to go :)

---
I am here: Google Maps

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have a question, when I built my stand I got that sandable/stainable wood putty to put over the nail holes. I sanded it, but it didn't stain. So my stand is darker and you can see every nail hole because its bleached out and much lighter. Any tricks, tips, or putty you would recommend?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I have a question, when I built my stand I got that sandable/stainable wood putty to put over the nail holes. I sanded it, but it didn't stain. So my stand is darker and you can see every nail hole because its bleached out and much lighter. Any tricks, tips, or putty you would recommend?
You can actually buy filler that is colored to the stain your are using. Home Depot or Lowes carries it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts