Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay MIReefers.... lets see your DIY stand & canopy!!!!

Also, if you have build pics, lets see those too!!! Where did you get your insupuration / designs for the stand?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Built my own stand after seeing the prices for stands for my tank, it ended up costing a 1/4th of what it would of cost to buy.. I will be building my own canopy once I get my tank...

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@mitsu_matt, your set-up is awesome! thank you so much for sharing.

did you build the stand and wood skin? do you have magnets that hold the skin to the metal stand?

i would love to see more pictures of your equipment and how you have everything set up. everything looks very clean and organized... I LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I agree, that is an awesome setup. Very clean and modern looking. What did you coal the Steel in? Kind of looks like rhino liner.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for the kind words.

Yes I built the steel stand and put Rino liner on it (cheep easy and durable). Yes, i built the skins. and yes they are held on by earth magnetics! you guys are good!

Here is the other side showing the RO/DI and the return side of the sump.

Also one other nice thing about my stand is the bottom is a large basin and I installed a drain, so if water leaks or something decides to overflow I dont get any on the floor. This also allowed me to put my RO/DI unit under the tank.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@mitsu_matt, can i hire you to build my stand and canopy and set-up my equipment like yours???? i'll do the monthly maintence and buy all supplies, but that is nicer than a lot of "professional" set-ups i've seen!!

@Mgers21, very nice set-up. I love how you can see the tank from both sides and each side matches the room. I wonder if I wife will let me put a hole in our wall of our house to do the same thing? I doubt it... but love the idea!!

Keep these awesome set-ups coming!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
@mitsu_matt, can i hire you to build my stand and canopy and set-up my equipment like yours???? i'll do the monthly maintence and buy all supplies, but that is nicer than a lot of "professional" set-ups i've seen!!

Yea, no problem. PM me if your truly interested. I can build anything you can dream up. :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
WOW! Both of these builds are stunning. I especially like the idea of having the drain build into the bottom of the stand...just in case. I will have to say that both of these build rank in the top of any other builds I've come across. Well done! IMO :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Oh and I must add that 7mths later, I still have yet to make the doors for it lol. I got lazy and my wife has really been on me, especially since our 8mth old baby is crawling all over the house. i will get to it here in the next month or so lol, I just haven't had any desire to "get back to work" on it.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Oh and I must add that 7mths later, I still have yet to make the doors for it lol. I got lazy and my wife has really been on me, especially since our 8mth old baby is crawling all over the house. i will get to it here in the next month or so lol, I just haven't had any desire to "get back to work" on it.
Your cube build is really nice. I read the thread not long ago and yes well planned out and built. All these are awesome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts