Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you have the Marineland replacement heater? Well I got the replacement heater 6 months ago and today I happened to stick my hand in my puffer tank and it was cold. so I just thought my old lady my have just unplug it by mistake, Nope it was plugged in. So I looked in the sump and seen the light was on, on the heater so I reached in and felt the heater and it was cold!!! UGH
Replace heater my @$$ :butcher:

I will be contacting ML in the morning about this.

I just wanted to let everyone know to pitch these heaters, I just don't want anyone to wake up one day with a crashed tank.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
good luck finding any heater that works long term... I have been on a decade long search for one that lasts a good few years. And Don't ANYONE say stealth heaters work great! :(

·
Registered
725 Posts
Petsmart mailed me the recall letter to return my stealth heater and didn't have the new ones yet so I got an Aqueon 200 Pro Heater and it's worked fine the last couple years. I think the Eheim/jager are good and so are Fluval for the most part just double check the temperature with something else to make sure.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I had the digital titanium finnex 150w and it quit heating twice both times I had to mail it back to them at my cost and instead of just replacing it they fixed whatever was wrong with it and sent it back the third time it went out I just threw it away, never again with them and they were very difficult to understand on the phone. The second time I complained about paying shipping and when I got the heater back there was 3 dollar bills in with it so that's my experience with them.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I just sent my replacement back to marineland because of the same issue. I woke up and my tank was 66. The light was on but no heat. And this was the replacement for the stealth. They told me that since I had the stealth, I could get the refund, we see if I get any money back.

I had an old heater that I was using for waterchanges and had that in there as a backup, and go figure, that one didn't work either. No telling how long ago that one actually failed.

·
Administrator
2,511 Posts
lol

I had the digital titanium finnex 150w and it quit heating twice both times I had to mail it back to them at my cost and instead of just replacing it they fixed whatever was wrong with it and sent it back the third time it went out I just threw it away, never again with them and they were very difficult to understand on the phone. The second time I complained about paying shipping and when I got the heater back there was 3 dollar bills in with it so that's my experience with them.
What a nice RMA system and refund policy lol.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Going through the same thing with my 300w Finnex heater. I'm getting the run around from them as we speak. I think I'm just going to go out and buy something different. Anyone have any suggestions on a good brand? I've gone from Stealth to the Finnex brands. I'm thinking of trying Ehiem but I haven't done any research yet.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Those finnex are junk, I have been through 4 of them! At the top of my list at this time is the eheim/jager, but they are not stealthy they are the largest heaters I have seen.

·
Registered
308 Posts
the jagers work good for me, and they don't cost an arm and a leg! The stealths are one of those products that you don't want the ones built on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, but if you get the ones built on Tuesday or Thursday they will last for years...

And believe it or not, they actually honor their warranty... you just have to take it into your local LFS and have them do it for you. :nhl_checking:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Those finnex are junk, I have been through 4 of them! At the top of my list at this time is the eheim/jager, but they are not stealthy they are the largest heaters I have seen.
+1 on this I have been through three finnex in about a year. Not buying another one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.