Michigan Reefers banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
September Update: Six of each ready to go. Did an accidental frag job during the move a few months back and need the rack space so I can get some new SPS in. Caps have encrusted over plugs and birdsnest are showing nice green growth tips but growing a little weird due to where the frag rack is. Free as before. I'm in Redford near Telegraph and Plymouth now, not Grosse Pointe like the thread description says. PM to make arrangements.

2 green birdsnest frags - FREE
2 red monti cap frags - FREE

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello everyone. I've got a full frag rack I need to clear out, almost all of which I'd like to give away for free. I'm a big fan of local reefers helping each other out.

The red monti cap I received for nearly free from another MR member, it's growing very well in my 24" deep cube everywhere from the sandbed up. I have a couple 2"x2"-ish chunks or can cut and plug you smaller pieces if you want. The green monti cap I can probably only get one 1/2"-3/4" square piece of as the colony isn't that big. Fastest grower in the tank, I can actually see new growth areas every couple days. The birdsnest I got in a trade, was almost 100% bleached. I chopped it up and what's left has browned, polyps have come back, and is starting to color up a nice neon green.

13 green birdsnest frags - free
1 green monti cap frag - free
6 red monti cap frag - free
1 AquaSD "snowing disco" mushroom frag - $20

I got the mushroom in a frag pack, it's similar to a typical red mushroom but has bright white flecks interspersed with the red. Mounted to a piece of rubble with corraline, excellent piece...I'm just not a mushroom fan.

For the free stuff all I ask is that you take only a couple (don't swipe all 13 birdsnests basically) and that you come to me to get them. Seems fair and helps spread the wealth.

I'll get pics up when I can.
I'm sending you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
if you're out this way I'll trade a frag of some nice SPS for the mushroom....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
. These are all on large pieces of rock but I may have one rack that is smaller I have that Fragged corals yet.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
. These are all on large pieces of rock but I may have one rack that is smaller I have that Fragged corals yet.

drock- cool... offer stands for you too!

zach- sorry for the thread hijacking!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drock- cool... offer stands for you too!

zach- sorry for the thread hijacking!
mushroom is spoken for currently, you guys are fast! the frags I got from you are settling in nicely, I'll be back your way for more at some point soon.

---------- Post added 04-07-2018 at 08:47 AM ----------

I'm sending you a PM

haven't received it.

edit: I've responded to all the texts and PMs I've got so far. I'll edit the main post periodically as frags get picked up

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks drock for coming by and clearing out some space on my frag rack. Plenty of birdsnest and red monti cap left, probably one small piece of green monti cap, two tops.

·
Registered
31 Posts
thanks drock for coming by and clearing out some space on my frag rack. Plenty of birdsnest and red monti cap left, probably one small piece of green monti cap, two tops.
Thank you very much I really appreciate it and a great guy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hammer do you have any corals in your tank yet like some softies or lps? Starting with sps usually does not fare so well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey interested newer tank so they would be great trial corals

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I agree with the other poster that it might be a good idea to start with some easier to keep corals first. As I told someone else, "easy" when it comes to SPS can be a relative term. If you're sure you're good to go I'm happy to provide but I'd hate for the corals to go into a tank they're bound to die in if you're unsure

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks again for the Birds nest and mushroom Zach! Everything’s doing great. I also agree with Zach and Jordan on it not being a great idea to add SPS to a newly cycled tank. The birds nest is still bouncing back and adding it to a tank that’s still on the new side may not be the greatest idea for a coral that’s essentially still healing. I made that mistake in the past with a newer tank and even though I had SPS in my other tanks and knew how to care for it because the tank was new and in my opinion “too clean” the SPS did not fair well causing me to lose a good amount of acros. Don’t want to see anyone else make the same mistake.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to everyone that's come out so far. I still have quite a bit left so if you've texted or PM'd and I haven't responded or forgot, send me a quick reminder.

Thanks again for the Birds nest and mushroom Zach! Everything's doing great.
No problem man, try and get a picture of it sometime...it definitely was not happy in my tank and I'm curious to know if the "sparkles" look as good as the pictures from where it came from.

The birds nest is still bouncing back and adding it to a tank that's still on the new side may not be the greatest idea for a coral that's essentially still healing.
This is true and I wanted to reiterate this for those that are interested in coming by as well as those who already have. These birdsnest frags are what survived from three separate colonies that I received almost completely bleached less than 3 months ago. All are the result of at least two (most three) rounds of culling dead tissue, the last round of which was just over a month ago. I waited until the flesh re-browned and polyps regrew and began to color up before offering them, but they very much are still healing and regaining their color.

·
Registered
382 Posts
No problem man, try and get a picture of it sometime...it definitely was not happy in my tank and I'm curious to know if the "sparkles" look as good as the pictures from where it came from.
I will get pictures tomorrow when lights are on full spectrum, hard to get anything to show really on a camera phone with blues only lol. But so far almost all the polyps on the birds nest has started to show. I ended up taking and gluing the pieces together to make a "super" Frag. So far so good though!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey I'm sorry for making it seem like a fresh get go at this but it's a cycled trank and it's from my other tanks exvcess live rock. When I met trial I meant all my levels are stable and I haven't put corals in yet. I've been at it for about 9-10 years

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just as a quick heads up to anyone else who's interested, last week i upgraded my lighting from a radion gen 2 to a gen 3 pro and all my corals are adjusting to the different spectrum and lower intensity as I acclimate. Might be worth waiting a week or two as they settle in to the new light

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.