Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The only ones I have used are the Loctite Gel superglue, BRS Gel Superglue and the Coralife epoxy. Though, I have hear from others that the following are reef safe but, I have not tried these yet, as I haven't been able to find them at the local hardware stores.

Epoxy:
Water Weld
Recter Seal (black)
Harveys Plummer epoxy

Superglue:
BSI IC Gel

·
Registered
532 Posts
Oh sorry, I've only used water weld to hold my live rock together and to glue frag plugs or rubble rock, with frags super glued to it, to my rock work. I use super glue gel to actually attach the frags to the plug or small piece of rubble rock. When I glue the plug or piece of rubble rock to the rock work I use Waterweld and super glue gel in conjunction.

Oh and that's J B Waterweld by the way. I think they have it at Lowe's and Home Depot in the glue section.

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts
Glue

Go on ebay and get reef glue. I got a 8 ounce bottle and the stuff is great. Basically it is super glue gel but to be honest it is too expensive in the .1 oz bottles.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Go on ebay and get reef glue. I got a 8 ounce bottle and the stuff is great. Basically it is super glue gel but to be honest it is too expensive in the .1 oz bottles.
+1 to that. The little .14 oz bottles for $4-6 is crazy. With my last BRS order, I picked up there extra thick gel for about the same price and if is around 1.5 oz.

BTW thanks allendavant, for the info on the J.B. Water Weld. I will hav eto pick some up my next trip to Lowes.
Oh and that's J B Waterweld by the way. I think they have it at Lowe's and Home Depot in the glue section.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts