Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there isn't a easy anemone I just want you know experienced you guys have had and which ones are easyer to keep i know they are not for beginners so please no negative posts just information

·
Registered
937 Posts
Rock Anemone. There almost impossible to kill. I have seen mine thrive through conditions that would kill a elephant. I picked mine up at the trop. The trop usually has a huge selection of some very cool rock anemones. I have a red rock anemone its pretty sweet looking. If you view my profile you will see what it looks like as my profile pic.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
People telling you something isn't easy to keep is not a negative post. People want you to succeed and most of all don't want to see an animal die from lack of knowledge/care. If you want to be informed, you have to accept that what is the right information may not be what you want to hear:)

You need to wait until the tank is at least 6 months old. I say this because they are very sensitive animals, and you need to have all of the husbandry down before getting one. Other animals are a little more forgiving and can take the ups and downs that come with learning how to care for a tank. Once you have that down and parameters are consistently (for several months) perfect, then I would try a bubble tip anemone. Also be sure that you have the proper lighting to keep one of these creatures. Finally, they WILL move in your tank, and keep in mind that they can sting other corals and kill them, and may choose to plant themselves on top of corals. It wasn't worth the risk for me and my prized corals. My clown is just as happy to host my frogspawn:)

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Rock Anemone. There almost impossible to kill. I have seen mine thrive through conditions that would kill a elephant. I picked mine up at the trop. The trop usually has a huge selection of some very cool rock anemones. I have a red rock anemone its pretty sweet looking. If you view my profile you will see what it looks like as my profile pic.
These are great! I forgot about them. If you want something for a clown to host, they will not host rock or flower anemones but they are pretty.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I said no negativity because its not for my tank a buddy of mine who has been in reefing for years has never had one and wants one

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Trop does have some very nice Rock nems but, Out of the 30+ or so they had. Only two (2) were available for purchase and neither of the two were the ones I wanted. There was no negotiation and no timeframe as to when the others would be available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts