Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody out there has any wickedly evil clown fish. I have 2 black ocellaris and these guys are like demons from hell. I have had many clown fish over the years and had them lay eggs, etc. But I have never had any like these 2 little piranha, they will viciously attack my hand if I put it in the water, they have even jumped out of the water a little to attack me, it doesnt hurt, lol, however these guys bite me like they wanna rip my hand off. Has anybody else ever had this hybrid clown piranha?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
My perculas bit me when I first had them and then again when they first laid eggs... never showed any sign of aggresion toward me other than that.

When I had my shop I got a 4" maroon clown with some serious teeth in a shipment. I thought it was going to chew on my hand like it chewed on the lionfish in with it, but it was as gentle as could be and like to be pet like a dog....

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have a Black Ice Clown that bits at my aluminum memorial braclet ever time my hand goes in my tank. He will swim aggressivly around my hand until the water line is above my wrist where the braclet is and them bam over and over agian doing laps around my hand. Its kind of funny as it doesn't hurt. Sometimes he misses and gets me.

·
Registered
725 Posts
My perculas bit me when I first had them and then again when they first laid eggs... never showed any sign of aggresion toward me other than that.

When I had my shop I got a 4" maroon clown with some serious teeth in a shipment. I thought it was going to chew on my hand like it chewed on the lionfish in with it, but it was as gentle as could be and like to be pet like a dog....
That's funny I had a big maroon clown and he was mean, I loved the red eyes and whiskers..

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a Black Ice Clown that bits at my aluminum memorial braclet ever time my hand goes in my tank. He will swim aggressivly around my hand until the water line is above my wrist where the braclet is and them bam over and over agian doing laps around my hand. Its kind of funny as it doesn't hurt. Sometimes he misses and gets me.
Sorry to go off topic, but Jesse, where did ya pick up a Black Ice from? You can PM me if that is cool. Been keeping my eyes out for awhile, and FD doesn't order from ORA :(

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Sorry to go off topic, but Jesse, where did ya pick up a Black Ice from? You can PM me if that is cool. Been keeping my eyes out for awhile, and FD doesn't order from ORA :(
No worries. I bought it as a snowflake from Twins Tropical Fish on Eureka about 3-4 weeks ago. However, ove the last couple weeks it has really started to darken up. The fins were black initialy, including the front dorsal fin but, there is a distince black line forming around the white patterns that was not as noticable when I bought it and the top side of the clown is darkening as well. I may be wrong but, from all the snowflakes I have seen and from looking at countless picks of Black Ice clowns. I'm pretty sure that is what this one is. There was a pair on live aquaria last night.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have a pair in each of my tanks and both females are nasty, one even Drew blood. The males never bother me the females always attack. One hit my hand just right, flew out of the tank and landed in my fireplace. Luckily I didn't have a fire going or it would have been a fish fry in my living room. The female in my 60 jumped out a mth ago so now I only have one problem fish.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have a pair in each of my tanks and both females are nasty, one even Drew blood. The males never bother me the females always attack. One hit my hand just right, flew out of the tank and landed in my fireplace. Luckily I didn't have a fire going or it would have been a fish fry in my living room. The female in my 60 jumped out a mth ago so now I only have one problem fish.
That is crazy! Sorry to hear about the loss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.