Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my foxface jumped today so I am a bit upset. Anyways, I am going to put a back on my canopy to keep the fish where they belong! Anyways, what is the best 12 volt power supply to use for fans? Anyone have one they recommend?

Thanks!

Don

·
Registered
153 Posts
fan power supply

Hello, I go through my collection of random power supplies from old toys, radios, etc. and look for a 12v that is slightly larger (mA) than what my draw is. Then cut the end off and wire it up. If none are available go to Radio Shack, there're about $10.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
dsmith3512 said:
Hello, I go through my collection of random power supplies from old toys, radios, etc. and look for a 12v that is slightly larger (mA) than what my draw is. Then cut the end off and wire it up. If none are available go to Radio Shack, there're about $10.
same here. i did order a variable dc supply for my nano b/c @ 12v they were loud, so i can turn them down a few and quiet them down.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yeah, with all those little power supplys from randon electronics layin around I'm sure you can find one. If not a small computer psu would work.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got plenty of all of the above, including some old AT power supplies from some REALLY old computer that would work perfectly. Not sure I want a 200w PS running fans though. If I start using a lot though.... Thanks for everything!

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts