Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a feather duster about 2 weeks ago at tropicorium. When i saw it there it was open and looking good and when i brought it home it opened up then i had to move some stuff. I thought it was dead cause it never came out but the past 4 days ive seen it come out but only about a quarter of the way. Any suggestions? I already tried to target feed it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey great to see an answer right away! I think the site is getting a lot better! And i have it on the opposite side of where flow is coming in but i will check tonight. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Also, I have had featherdusters totally retract into their tubes and then a month later show up in a new spot after having built a new tube. However, one other possibility is that any wrasse in your tank will quickly eat it. I love feather dusters but love wrasses even more :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
My christmas tree feather duster left his tube after a while and I didn't see it for a few months. Then he popped up in the corner of the tank coming out of a rock. My six-line wrasse is busy bossing everything else around in the tank and doesn't seem to bother it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine actually fully opened up for a couple days and a little over a week ago in the morning it seemed as if it was getting out of its tube and later that day i couldn't see it anymore and now the tube is empty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts