Michigan Reefers banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Thank you all!! As you all know it takes many hours of dedicated labor to make these things work. This community has really helped me out and truly would not be possible with all of you. Since the time Michigan Reefers came to be, this site has taught many, saved countless animals not to mention dollars for a lot of us. I am humbled and proud to be a TOTM winner.

I wish I could stand still but I have just ordered two barrel sponges that are supposed to be photosynthetic. I will place them by the Rics. I think this will be a cool final touch. Well, as final as these get. You can see the progression and the fun at:

http://www.michiganreefers.com/forums/members-tanks/46588-slapshots-150-inwall.html

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Thank you again. Eirik you should see the difference now. Getting that Bobbit worm out caused an explosion in growth. It is pretty much filled all the way in now, as you can see. Bruce....anytime, you know where to find me.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Now that's a mixed reef! I would love to see a pic of the harlequin tusk out in the open!
Here you go. Thanks a lot guys.

---------- Post added 02-10-2010 at 04:37 PM ----------

My new addition. A photosythetic barrel sponge. Now it is truely a mixed reef:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Thank you very much Bob. I have been experimenting with Non photosynthetic Species so I thought I post an updated FTS. You can go to my post in the Members Tank s Forum to find the details of my feeding system and food mixture. I spent some time moving somethings around and adding a few new corals.

To be able to keep a coral like this would be amazing. We are making strides. we are where we were with SPS 25 years ago. With new food products and continious dosing maybe, just maybe.

This guy has doubled in size in month! His color has improved dramatically. He loves the Fauna Marin line of foods and good ole Cyclopeeze. When the feeder goes off his arms start waving like crazy:

As my month closes I would again like to thank this entire community for all the help and for pushing this hobby to new heights. It has been an honor to share my obsession with you all.

·
Registered
861 Posts
thats what you call a reef!!! all sps tanks look sweet but this tank is so diverse. i love mixed reefs and this is the best ive seen. congrats!!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
congrats

well deserved looks like you put alot of time and thought into your system . love the placement of you corals . how did you get them to stay put.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts