Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I might have made a mistake. I purchased a Linckia at the Lansing Swap without knowing enought about their feeding requirements. As I understand it, they eat microbial organisms off the rocks and glass. I have a 24 gallon nano cube with about 25 pounds of rock. Is that enough space for them? If not, can I supplement their food supply or should I find a LFS to take it too. I would hate to starve it to death.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have tried to keep linkas on two separate occasions and both times ended in failure, they died by withering away like pulling the string on a sweater. Hope you have more success than I did.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have read that most are doomed at collection, hopefully your's beats the odds. I would think you are at least 5 times too small on your tank for long term success.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I had a blue one for almost 5 years in my 220. I was overrun with asterinas so i got a harelquin to deal with them and moved him to my 50 gallon refugium with sand and liverock full of pods and stuff. He lasted about 2 weeks down there. 29 is pretty small.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I agree your too small. They are sort of like morrish idols and achilles tangs, everything needs to be just right or they just wont make the transition. It can be done, but usually not so much. Not trying to burst any bubbles its just sort of "thats just how it is".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts