Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not a good experience
called them and asked them if they had spectrum fish food in the 300 size they said yes come on down
when i got there after driving for about 14 miles they said it wasnt me you talked too it must have been the other guy
well this is the third time ive been in there since the new owners took over and all three times the same thing happened with different stuff
i guess i should have learned my lesson the first two times
its a sports storage and clothing store not a fish store imo

good luck if you take the time to go there
my suggestion it to just take the extra time and go to yipsi. they have it all

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would agree. Fish doctors in Ypsi is FAR better than any of their other locations. If you think trenton is bad go to the store in Adrain. I thought the guy who ownes the store in Ypsi owns them all?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I would agree. Fish doctors in Ypsi is FAR better than any of their other locations. If you think trenton is bad go to the store in Adrain. I thought the guy who ownes the store in Ypsi owns them all?
No Tom only owns the ypsi location, and i agree it is the best out of all the fish doctors locations! Tom, Luke, alexis, Barbie, and dillon are all very knowledgeable and helpful

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am new to the hobby and went into the Trenton location and they were sorta rude and not very helpful. I would recommened going to Twins Tropical Fish in Southgate. They really helped me out and explained things to me. They also seemed to have lower prices than fish doctor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
fish doctor trenton location

Well I have mixed reviews on the trenton shop. The first time I went in there looking for lights for my display tank they did not have anything in stock said they said we can order that for you ... I said ok 2 bulb 30'' t5 ho set up be in on friday ...ok went back on friday to pick up my new light well it did not make it .... the other guy said it got ordered but we missed the cutoff ..ok no big deal he said it would be in next week for sure.... ok go in the next friday light is in but its a 30 '' set up with 24'' bulbs in regular t5 not happy i said never mind on the light .... he said i am sorry I will order the correct light for you ... ok the 3 friday going in for a light fixture and it t5 ho .ok . then the kicker its only 24 '' took it home tried it like he said free of charge the light output was ok I went to a chain store got a 30 '' light setup what I wanted at 70$ less than this unit from fish doctor ... Took it back and said no thanks I dont like it ... He said ok ... They worked with me on the light there for I am happy...But they are not with it..

Second issue I went in for some premixed ro water mixed to 1.024 sg 10 gallons well they mixed it up to 1.028 in one bucket and 1.032 in the other bucket. I had to cut it down to match my 1.025 what a pain ...

Sorry this is so long...:eek:rder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts