Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm a dummy. I thought I had another pack of brine in the freezer but I don't and cannot make the 90 minute drive to a LFS until Wed . (Most people in this hobby have to work so why close at 5:30?) Is there anything I can buy at the grocery store to feed my fish? I have pellets but they are so frickin spoiled they won't eat it. I have two Oci Clowns, Lawnmower, Allen Damsel, Chromis and a Mandarin. Can I buy some frozen shrimp at the store and chop it up real fine?

·
Registered
15,111 Posts
Frozen raw shrimp, scallops, squid etc...
All more nutritious than brine and the fish love it. You should switch from frozen brine to frozen mysis, it's much more nutritious.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you and when I get to the LFS I will get Mysis instead of my usual. I know I have seen somewhere that you can make your own fish food is there a formula or recipe to follow? My Mandarin loves the brine, do you think he will like the mysis as well? Hoping he will like the shrimp for the next couple days too....wish me luck. I hate to take day off work to go to the LFS but I won't lose my Mandarin!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts