Michigan Reefers banner
1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  demonclownfish 
#1 ·
I am starting to think about stocking in my son's nano. I want to give him all the options possible for fish. I know it will be semi-impossible to responsibly have more than 1 fish in there and I want to teach him about pet responsibility and the hobbies effect on the wild(and how NOT to impact the wild).

That being said, what are your recommendations for a responsible reef keeping fish list? I have the 3 pc upgrade so the corals will be his choice, except NO difficult to keep SPS corals. I want to slowly teach him about corals and aquascaping. We are going to learn a lot together.

#3 ·
My go to for nano's is a watchmen goby & pistol shrimp combos. Not sure how old your son is, but I know my 6 y/o and 5 y/o nephew and niece were mesmerized by mine.... heck I'm 26 and I love watching them work together. Plus its a great lesson of the symbiosis in nature, you know "we have to get along and work together..."

#5 ·
There are a large number of "nano" gobies you could do. It all depends on what he's going to be more interested in; a tank with one larger fish out swimming all the time, or a bundle of little guys you have to search for amongst the corals in order to see them. Personal choice. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.