Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got 5 true percula Clownfish. I had 2 tank bred ones. The angel never messed with them. Now I took out the tank bred ones and just kept the true percs. The flame angel has killed 3 by making them jump out of the tank. I've witnessed it chasing them and forcing them to jump out. I was fortunate enough to be in the room to watch one jump out. I luckily saved it. I put the tops on my tank now. So I find a dead clown in my tank. I know who the culprit is. So I took the remaining 2 and put them in my fuge. What is this fishes problem?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
464 Posts
Tank Size?

How big is your tank? I remember when I first started the hobby I had a flame in a 30 gallon and it was a terror. They are aggressive fish by nature, and will defend their territory chasing or even killing other fish. Last year I added an Albi-Angel in with my Flame and he killed him over night... That was in a 90 Gallon reef tank.

Every fish has his own personality, every species has there own nature.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's in a 90 gallon. Just weird that the clowns are almost the same but the fish attacks them. They were no where near the flame. Maybe the Clownfish were giving him dirty looks. I guess if the new guy was giving me dirty looks I'd be pissed too

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
464 Posts
Aggression

As Mark Callahan says know your tank personality the same goes for fish. The one think I have found buying "Used Fish" off reefers is, most of the fish people get rid if on here are terrors of the tank! Which works out in my favor because I have aggressive fish. The only clowns I have found to be aggressive is Clark and Maroon and that's only if they are mated pairs.. The rest just get mowed over...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had this flame angel since it was very small from my lfs about a year and a half ago, maybe longer. The clowns were just added. They're real small right now. (Don't even have stripes yet) They weren't aggressive trade offs lol.:wacko:

·
Registered
938 Posts
I've had this flame angel since it was very small from my lfs about a year and a half ago, maybe longer. The clowns were just added. They're real small right now. (Don't even have stripes yet) They weren't aggressive trade offs lol.:wacko:
The clowns are around an inch so they should be able to hold their own... LMK if you need a couple more, ill hook ya up. Sorry for the bad luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts