Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a question I have no fish just coral in my 55 I have some stuff in the water it looks like sand but its not its been up for a week and a half should I shut off all my filtration and powerheads overnight to see if it settles or what I am very confused I know a little of it are micro bubbles but the rest are something else btw are microbubbles bad for the tank? Also do you think hob filters are benefitial or not I have the choice to do a hob fuge or a hob filter

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Ok I have a question I have no fish just coral in my 55 I have some stuff in the water it looks like sand but its not its been up for a week and a half should I shut off all my filtration and powerheads overnight to see if it settles or what I am very confused I know a little of it are micro bubbles but the rest are something else btw are microbubbles bad for the tank? Also do you think hob filters are benefitial or not I have the choice to do a hob fuge or a hob filter
Is this the same system that was running for 5 weeks before the tank started leaking? As for the floaties. Probably just sand or debry being blown around. Give your tank some time to settle. As for the HOB, I would go with the HOB Refugium.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank isn't leaking anymore I got it stopped until I get another tank set up which may not be right away. Is there a way that this will settle faster or what? The tank has been set up for 6 weeks fish less so should. Leave the power heads and filters and stuff off for a night? And I had someone tell me tha hob filters dont really do much for a reef tank... How true is that

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have to say that half your post make absolutely no sense. Regardless if your tank has been set up a week or six weeks. Shutting the power heads off isn't going to change a thing other than giving you stagnate water, decreasing the amount of oxygen in the water. BAD all around. Also, you had another post stating there were white things floating around that you thought were ICH. Obviously, you got several responses to that stating that wasn't the case. Now you say Floaties, makes no sense. You want your power heads running, you want a protein skimmer, you want a fuge. Nix any idea of a HOB filter (unless your prepared for the maintenance that comes with it), go with the HOB Refugium.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I obviously know its not ich now so that leaves me at floaties and noone seems to have a answer for me and why is it a big deal to want to add to my tank? People add refuges to their tank all the time I'm just weighing my options

·
Registered
41 Posts
About the floaties... How big are they? Is the top open or covered? Something may have fallen in. If u don't have enough surface agitation junk will film up on the top of the water...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts