Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Choice Aquariums has been working on an E-retail website and I believe we'll finally be rolling it out in February.

After much discussion, some thought...and more discussion.....although the eventual is a ReefCentral sponsorship, we feel it would be maybe too much activity to start with to open. The Choice team looks to have a soft open limited to Marine Life Aquarium Society of Michigan (MASM) & Michigan Reefers, where we can test our fins, process the first orders, pick, pack, ship....and hopefully get good feedback.

Once we have our routine together.....We believe the logical next step would be Chicago to the West, Cleveland to the East, Indanopolis and Cincinatti to the South.

Here is where you guys come in.....

Can you folks suggest chat forums that you are familiar with that would service those markets? I have been doing some searching, asked a few questions and then thought....the seahorsepower MR members pose is significant. More likely than not, there are folks who have lived in those areas. On top of that, there are many who have internet/computer skills far in excess of my own.

Please post any links you think are a fit......

Thanks in advance....and let me assure both MASM and MR members that when we open the new site....the base prices will compete with anything on the internet and there will be a courtesy discount to say thanks to everyone for getting Choice this far.

Wayne

G

·
hey wayne do you have a prelim site up yet that we could kinda browse and maby give you ideas on what we think somthing that would show maby a dummy stock selection with some prices just to test it before you start getting actual orders in I know I would help you with this

if so could you post the link

marc

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tazzy695 said:
hey wayne do you have a prelim site up yet that we could kinda browse and maby give you ideas on what we think somthing that would show maby a dummy stock selection with some prices just to test it before you start getting actual orders in I know I would help you with this

if so could you post the link

marc
Thanks Marc,

Your feedback is exactly what the Choice team will be looking for....but rather than dummy data, we'll open it up with actual data, and take, hopefully, a few orders to get things started.

As soon as the site is ready, I'll get a post out here to kick things off. For now, I am simply planning the steps to slowly expand. I think we'll run for a short period on MASM and MR...say 30 days or so, and if we seem to have our $hit together, then we'll kick it off on some of the sites we may identify from this thread.

Wayne

G

·
hey I understand that at least you are planning ahead I know a lot of people that try and start somthing like this up and they dont plan anything then when it fails they wonder why hmmmm maby it is cause you didn't plan nuthing out first LOL

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I'm pretty excited that you guys will be expanding.

·
Registered
15,111 Posts
W.Oliver said:
After much discussion, some thought...and more discussion.....although the eventual is a ReefCentral sponsorship, we feel it would be maybe too much activity to start with to open. The Choice team looks to have a soft open limited to Marine Life Aquarium Society of Michigan (MASM) & Michigan Reefers, where we can test our fins, process the first orders, pick, pack, ship....and hopefully get good feedback.

Wayne
I think this is a good choice Wayne. I waited about 2 1/2 years before sponsoring on Reef Central (I just started yesterday) I think it's better to start off slowly and get to know the "online store" and the shipping, working with a website, etc... before jumping in to deep.
Best of luck
Deb

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I don't stray to far from home that is for sure, but when I do I like as do many nationl type sponsor, www.club-zoa.com.
I seriously can NOT wait any longer for this thing to go live, you all can't even begin to know how much I am looking forward to this launch!!

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
RC has a sections for each region of the U.S. and it's clubs:

For the Midest region head here:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=536

I know that CORA is bit in Ohio, and CMAS (Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society) in Chicago is big. The threads/links on RC are to the RC-hosted forums (MASM is on there, too), but the 'real meat' is on the local club sites - this will give you the names/locations and then head to the respective sites themselve.

Good luck - excited to see how this all plays out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts