Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fox face in my 125 gallon along with a blenny, jawfish, 2 clowns, butterfly, bi-color angel and hawk fish. When I purchased him the LFS told me they are a docile fish. I do know they are poisonous. So, last night I was at the same LFS but different worker who told me that foxface's were like pit bulls and can change in a minute and be very aggresive. She said this fish would eventually become mean and kill my other fish. I am just wondering others experience with these fish as I really like him.

Thanks,
Lori

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
i think it really depends on the fish i have had a one spot fox face that was nice to everything in the tank but when i would add a new fish he would do his best to kill it and actually killed one of my tangs i tried to add but i also had a bicolor fox face that was a wuss and was really nice to everything.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
i think the second person was prolly exaggerating. ive had mine for a little while now. at first he was a bit defensive as he was settling in, it was acceptable because my yellow tang was starting it. now the only sign of aggression i see is that he will occasionaly flash his fins when the tang or another one of my larger fish get too close during feeding or something. other than that he behaves live most tang would. pretty chill but not a sissy.lol and they do look awesome.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have one foxface in every system. They look cool and perform their gardening duties well. None of mine are aggressive. The won't take any grief from anyone else, but they leave everyone alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts