Michigan Reefers banner
2K views 41 replies 6 participants last post by  Emprr_angl 
like neo said, they are usually totally reef safe. They have a good personality like a active tang would. But they need a diet almost identical to a tang. They might outgrow a 70 after awhile but they are not that fast of grower. So probably get a small one. Because they are a active fish and likes good swimming room.

Well most yellow tangs would be ok, but the occasional one might pick a fight because he is a food competitor, has a similar color, or maybe even similar facial structures. There are other good options all all depends on what type of species you want to put in your tank. You do you want a rabbitfish species the foxface would be the best. But you like tangs, there is a fare amount of sweet species out there.

Well, actually the yellow tang probably wont give him a problem, i forgot about the fact that he has venomous spines, and usually fish know better than to screw w/ something with venomous spines. But the yellow tang will be pissed that hes going to have a food competitor. Because hes probably been the king of the tank for awhile. But he probably wont be able to do anything about it...
At work we have a foxface in with a dogface puffer a trigger and a eel and its been doing fine. Because i guess the fish realize somehow that his spines are venomous.
But as for the solar wrasse i can guarantee 100% there will be no aggression

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.