Michigan Reefers banner
2K views 41 replies 6 participants last post by  Emprr_angl 
I Have seen large tanks with both a yellow tang and a foxface but their tank was HUGE. And I do mean HUGE.

only suggestion is to upgrade soon. if the tang is small and the foxface is small and you do not have a lot of aggresion going on just plan to upgrade soon and move them all into a bigger tank. There are always pretty nice deals on this site.

Yellow Tangs are splendid fish I lie them more so than the Blue hippo tangs but the only trouble is with their agression I have one that gets agressive for no reason. But hey they are splendid. Good luck nick if you plan to upgrade soon I would do it but I would also keep a close eye on them to make sure that there is no agression or other problems that could occur . I am also not 100% sure about the solar wrasse, again good luck if you try to do it keep us informed.

just buy a bigger one.

a 150 gallon tank would do it.

Mandarins are specific eaters as well they need tons of pods.

The reason I do not know about the solar wrasse is because I do not have much info about that fish

hmmm..... Another thing to take into consideration is the bio load that you will be placing on your reef. I do not think it will be a problm but 6 years is a long time and fish especially tangs can have growth spurts..... If it was me I would do it if there is a problem ther is always the solution of selling the fish asap on this site..... I am sure that some one will want a fish and take it quickly if you need it out asap.

I think that your system should be fine, after this fish you would not be able to add anything else in my opinion, I would just watch closely to see if the fish is groeing fast or if there is agression and if the reef is showing any adverse effects of the increase bioload, your reef will let you know when something is off in there. also you will now have to increase the food supply to ensure that both the fox face and the tang have ample food for both that could lessen the competition for the food source. Six years is a long time but I think you will be ok if you monitor it closely and if you can when that time comes make the decisison to remove one of them if they are growing too big.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.