Michigan Reefers banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
alright i guess i will wait to see if neo has anythoughts on this.

The solar wrasse wont bug him at all i do not think hes kind of laid back, but does swim all over the place. so i will have 3 fish that swim ALOT. so i have no clue.

AND i am only 16 remeber that, so i am off to college in about 2 more years actually like 1.75 years, so my tank will be taken care of by my mom dad and sister.

the only thing i am worried about is my mom not letting me upgrade before i leave for colloge, so that means these fish will have to co-exist for about 3 years and then an upgrade.

so basically neo do you have anythoughts? or recomendations??

thanks!

Nick

Discussion starter · #22 ·
actually now that i think about it, i probably will not be able to upgrade for about 6 or so years probably.

i mean how hard is it to upgrade a tank??

thanks!

Nick

just buy a bigger one.

a 150 gallon tank would do it.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
i mean why are you guys so un-sure about the solar wrasse?? i dont think it will mess with a venoumus foxface? i am not under standing why you guys think this??

ok heres ALL the fish in my tank now,

1. 2 ocellaris clowns (pair)
2. 1 yellow tang
3. 2 neon gobies (pair)
4. 1 purple firefish
5. 1 solar wrasse

added in that order too.

so let me know thanks!

Nick

P.S. i plan on getting a mandrain goby in about 5-7 months this way my tank will be about 1 year and 5 months old.

SO if you have anyother suggestions on different fish let me know, BUT i do want a foxface IF its possible! thanks

Mandarins are specific eaters as well they need tons of pods.

The reason I do not know about the solar wrasse is because I do not have much info about that fish

Discussion starter · #28 ·
ok yeah i know about the mandrains,

and i dont know if i will be able to upgrade for about 6 years maybe sooner,

BUT would this work out for them or no?

thanks!

Nick

Discussion starter · #29 ·
yeah and plus a 150 gallon tank would mean ALOT more expensive equipment! liek new skimmer calcium reactor, new bigger RO/DO unit more LR more sand, more fish corals!

so will it work for like 6 year or no? maybe with an upgrade in there if i can afford one since i am in high school! thanks!

Nick

Discussion starter · #30 ·
i mean i love this foxface, but want it to be happy with these the tang nad solar wrasse since the other small fish dont reall count.
BUT let me know thanks!

Nick

hmmm..... Another thing to take into consideration is the bio load that you will be placing on your reef. I do not think it will be a problm but 6 years is a long time and fish especially tangs can have growth spurts..... If it was me I would do it if there is a problem ther is always the solution of selling the fish asap on this site..... I am sure that some one will want a fish and take it quickly if you need it out asap.

I think that your system should be fine, after this fish you would not be able to add anything else in my opinion, I would just watch closely to see if the fish is groeing fast or if there is agression and if the reef is showing any adverse effects of the increase bioload, your reef will let you know when something is off in there. also you will now have to increase the food supply to ensure that both the fox face and the tang have ample food for both that could lessen the competition for the food source. Six years is a long time but I think you will be ok if you monitor it closely and if you can when that time comes make the decisison to remove one of them if they are growing too big.

It's a 180g tank. It's a great fish, never bothers anything and a great personality. I do have a clam in with it and it's never touched it. Eats more algea than even the purple tang or the hippo tang that's in with it.But it did grow big fast and puts alot more bio load on the whole system.With the other fish you already have in your tank, I think this would be too much for a 70g tank IMO.The fish will grow and in less time than 6 years.I hope this helps you decide.See ya later.

The Dwarf Angels are a gamble and it all depends on the fish itself. I have heard that as long as it is fed regularly the fish is less likely to pick at corals. It is a gamble though.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.