Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just learned how to frag some stuff (thanks to tazzy!) My question is, where would you get these plugs to glue them to? Could you just go to walmart or a craft place and get cheap shells, boil them, and what not, and glue the frags to there? I know tazzy uses shells, but i'm just curious what other things could be used. I thought I heard someone say buttons? that would seem kinda weird to me... wouldn't the salt eat at the button or something? Just curious.

G

·
to be honest sandi you could use most anything that you can put on a frag rack and it will hold the frag in place just stay away from metals since some are toxic

the auto trim holders the small flat glass marbles would work the sea shels just make shure they arent painted or have a varnish on them

or you can oder frag plugs or disks from lfs or on ebay

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up going to michaels and getting a bag of shells. :) Should I boil them or just make sure they're rinsed off real good?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have scrap acrylic from previous projects that I now use for frag plugs. But literally anything works. Shells are a good choice. In a bind I used a guitar pick.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tubastrea said:
I have scrap acrylic from previous projects that I now use for frag plugs. But literally anything works. Shells are a good choice. In a bind I used a guitar pick.
lol. Thats funny!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I scrape a peice of rubble and glue it to a rock... Easy then it does not stick out like an eye sore.. I got some in my fuge if you want a few peices red. Katherine

G

·
I would rince the shells realy good no real need to boil since they were dry but just to get the dust and other possible contaminates off rince real good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts