Michigan Reefers banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FREE! I think this little guy is pregnant! Since I will no longer be able to raise fry, I am making a list of anyone interested in trying. You will need a tank, air pump, airline, aquarium salt, brine shrimp eggs to hatch and something to enrich the brine shrimp after they hatch. A 5-10 gallon tank is good to start with depending on how many fry there are. The reason for the list is because the fry need to go to you within 24 hours of being born or the transfer could kill them. If the first person can’t get them I will contact the next person on the list and keep going down the list until someone is available. Please be aware that raising fry isn’t easy and a large percentage die. It does get easier with each batch. If you are successful in raising some you are free to sell them or keep them. There is a guide that I use (I don’t follow it exactly) and will share that with you plus I’m available if you run into problems. However, I will not take them back. It can take 4-5 months before the fry are big enough to sell and it’s not just tossing food into a tank and forgetting them. They require frequent water changes because they can quickly die in a dirty tank. I will deliver within an hour of Maple Rapids. Any further away and the survival rates will be even lower.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts