Michigan Reefers banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GEO 6x24 Calcium Reactor with a 10 lbs. CO2 Tank and Regulator. Also comes with feed pump and reactor media. $425 and its yours.

·
Registered
324 Posts
geo 624

I'll take that off your hands if its in good working order, I can pick it up or meet saturday or sunday whatever works for you. I'm in fairhaven about 1/2 hr from shelby

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every PM has been responded to. I will post pics tonight. The regulator is the "Reef Fanatic" brand.

Warmest Regards,
James

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sold yet. I'm in question answering mode :3195:

Warmest Regards,
James

---------- Post added 02-26-2012 at 11:36 AM ----------

Reactor is pending! Thanks to everyone that expressed interest. If the buyer passes on the reactor, I will contact those that contacted me via PM. Only those that were willing to pay the asking price will be contact if the buyer passes.

Thanks again to everyone!

Warmest Regards,
James

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reactor is back up for sale. The first potential buyer made the decision to go with a smaller reactor. The reefer only needed to manage 150g of water, so this reactor was just a touch to big for his needs. I think he made the right choice.

I know I'm slacking with the pics, but I am cleaning the reactor tonight and hope to have some pics up tonight. I do have some pics on my cell phone if you would like to see the reactor "Pre-Clean Up".

Warmest Regards,
James

---------- Post added 02-28-2012 at 04:12 PM ----------

Pics are ready!

So I spent the day cleaning the reactor and replacing some of the old fittings. Here some pics:

The Reactor being tested before sale

Some old fittings and clamps

The NEW fittings and clamps

The old media was removed then rinsed in RODI water

Pic of the top of the reactor showing the Ph Probe Port

The pump looks like it has some miles on it, but it sure does move some water!

---------- Post added 02-28-2012 at 08:46 PM ----------

Update! Although the regulator is reef fanatic, the solenoid is a chinese off brand.

I was testing the reactor and CO2 system today to ensure that everything was perfect for the new owner. I am glad I did. The solenoid was stuck closed. Everything in the entire package works perfectly with the exception of the solenoid. The regulator works fine, but the solenoid will need to be replaced.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. Another update on the reactor. I have ordered a new reef fanatic regulator and solenoid from the good folks at aquacave. With that said, I'm also having some issues maintaining my Alk with just baking soda. The constant additions are taking up more of my time than I planned. At this time I think I am going to hang onto the reactor to help with the Alk maintenance. Thanks to all that expressed interest. There were a couple reefers that came close to snagging this reactor. With my recent investment in new parts, the reactor is looking mighty good to me.

I am going to mark this thread as "Sold" as I've decided to keep the reactor to help with the growth of my SPS.

Warmest Regards,
James

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.