Michigan Reefers banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! It's been awhile! :D

After many years of being away, we are wading back in to the waters. I am going through my old stuff and came across my two 300 watt heaters. My problem is I cannot tell if they are submersible or not, and I cannot find info on the internet. They are Aquanest model A264 300 watt heaters. I feel like a dunce when it comes to searching for this information. So, if you can assist me I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
does the top of the heater have a clip to aquarium or is there suction cups that hold the heater to the glass. The later style submersible.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't have any clips, or any other attachments so I must have used it as a submersible. Dang, such a simple way to tell lololol. Thank you for replying. 😀

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just a thought... be careful with old heaters, might be good to put on a simple controller. You don't want them sticking on in the wrong position.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
In my 20+ years of experience doing service, I found that heaters are probably one of the weakest links in all of the aquarium components due to poor manufacturing processes.
That said, there have been some very good quality heaters that are on the market.
Eheim/Ebo Jagers seem to fail the least. JBJ titanium with the controller is another good one.
All titanium heaters should have a safety cage and should be placed in a part of your sump that will never have less than 4” of water depth.
All glass heaters should be replaced every 2-3 years regardless of brand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts