Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting married this summer and we are in need of a photographer, and a ordained minister and/or judge.

If anyone knows of someone that is interested in the job, and is reasonably priced let me know.

May also need a bartender....

Thanks,

Derek

·
Registered
15,111 Posts
Posiedon, our MR Photography Advisor, is a professional photographer. Not sure if he is in your area.
Congrats on the wedding!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I have a female minister who did my wedding back in Oct. Very nice spritual ceremony, and very willing to work around religion/faith issues and very easy to get along with. PM me if you want more details, I can forward your info to her if you'd like??

·
Registered
260 Posts
Go to church once in a while you heathen and you'll have a minister to marry you!;) Derek do you have a church or do you need that too? I can give you the # of my former minister if you want. Call me.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
When is your Wedding? Prime dates are already booked in June and a few in July, here is my website, all packages and prices are listed there. Oh, I do by the hour coverage as well.

www.perfect-pix.biz

Thanks Debbie and Jarrod for the kind words!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I can cover the bartender part! ;) I am cheap labor as long as I can drink on the JOB and your firends/family are good tippers. -devil

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm not sure what the Law is in Michigan, but my brother-in-law has done a couple marriages in FL and he is a Notary Public. They didn't want a Christian ceremony (to their credit - as they didn't go to Church).

I know that many Ordained Clergy, myself included, require pre-marital counseling and computer scored profiles. In Lenawee County all the clergy have signed an agreement that we won't marry people without their first being counseled. The reason being is that we aren't interested in "doing weddings" as much as uniting couples in Holy Matrimony." If a person is willing to "hitch" you, but doesn't really care enough to counsel you - beware.

On a side note, pay the person who does this for you well. It is a major time commitment for them - adjusted around your schedule, and it don't happen if they are not there.

I had one member complain that his nephew didn't get married at our Church because "It cost $500." I asked him if the young man had a reception at a hall? Did he have a photographer? Did they serve a meal? He answered yes to all of those questions. I then asked if any of those had done their tasks for free or cheap? I then pointed out that $500 included the organist, the audio visual technician, the videographer, custodian, my services and use of the Church including heat/AC, lights, dressing rooms, paraments and parking lot. AND that we have done weddings for much less, but not when someone is complaining about the cost of THE CEREMONY when they are willing to pay for a PARTY. (BTW, our pricing is the lowest in our community)

I'm climbing off my soapbox now! Pray you have a blessed marriage and don't get distracted by one day in a lifetime together!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts