Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to lack of time I am going to have to list my tank and all contents and accessories for sale. I’ve had the tank for about 5-6 years. It was purchased from Pruess Pets in Lansing and I believe it has a starfire front, but I’m not 100%. It does not leak and has no issues. It’s a 220. I custom built the stand out of 2x6s and 2x8s. Its way overbuilt and has been trimmed out almost to completion on the outside. Its missing end doors that I wasn’t going to install to allow for some air flow since the stand is pretty air tight with plywood floor and back. Its been painted white with acrylic paint on the inside to make it bright and somewhat water resistant. The canopy is unfinished and I do have the front panel just haven’t figured out how I want to install it so I haven’t til this point. It has a minor hair algae issue that Im working on due to me not having time to do water changes like I need to with 3 kids and working 60 hours a week. Its not overtaken the tank and is totally fixable.

Controller – I have a Digital Aquatics Archon controller with 4 power bars, PH, ORP and temp probe. It’s a great system with constant new updates and is pretty easy to use. I have a Samsung galaxy tab something or other as a display unit that comes with it. It works with wireless network/internet.

Powerheads – 3 Vortech mp-40WES power heads. Comes with a reeflink that nicely controls everything. I also have a Maxspect XF-150. I have never really gotten it to run that great but it does operate just might need some maintenance.

Lighting – 3 Lumen Bright Mini Pendants. These are the pendants that have the nice black shroud over them reflector so they look nice and protect you from touching the reflector. These were pretty hard to find, but I think they might be a little easier now. They also have glass shields. They have Radium 20k 250w bulbs in them that were replaced in May of 2016 so lots of life left. I have built an aluminum rack that hangs from chains to adjust the height of the lights. I use Luxore 250-400w adjustable ballasts because they have the HQI setting to overdrive the radiums like they like. I also have 2 48” ecoxotic royal blue led strips for night and accent lighting.

Skimmer – Reef Octopus SRO-3000 INT. Its hooked to a really handy Reef Octopus 6” automatic skimmate waste collector.

Reactors – I have a nextreef reactor with a little eheim compact 600 running GFO. I also have a Reef Dynamics recirculating pellet reactor.

Return – Recently purchased eheim 1262.

Sump – Custom built tank with glass baffles, fits perfectly in the stand.

Tunze Osmolator ATO. Its controlled also by the archon to turn off when the ATO tank runs dry.

Other – Lots of food, acropower, frozen food, Hanna (alk, calc, ultra low range phosphate, regular phosphate) Salifert ( calc, alk, nitrate) Milwaukee digital salinity meter, tools, frag plugs, medicines, and lots of other things. I have gallons of bulk reef supply Alk and Calc powder. Like 5 gallons of each, enough to last for a very long time. I have about ¾ of a box of reef crystals salt. Probably lots of other stuff Im forgetting.

Livestock:

Lots of live rock and live sand. Some of which is dry in a tote and some is in the sump.

Various coral – Some sps that has made it through my lack of maintenance like Jason fox champagne, some reef raft stuff, ATL strawberry fields, a giant bigger than softball green colony that I have had forever, a big red setosa, blue matrix, red digi, I think I have a sunnyx rainbow, and more I don’t remember the name of. Some mushrooms. Zoas: purple elephants, candy apple reds, nuclear green, armor of god. A couple Acans. A couple really cool chalices that I don’t remember the name of.

Good size Deresa clam.

Green plate coral.

Green wall hammer. Green branching hammer.

Lots of orange and blue ricordia.

Green BTA.

Fish:

3 clowns. 2 of which are true percs and one female occy. They regularly have eggs and have for almost a year. Very good hosters and happy

Large Sohal tang. My pride and joy. I’ve had him for a long while and hes large and in charge. Super friendly, I can touch him when I do stuff in the tank. I’m really gonna miss this fish as he is beautiful and always out swimming. Truly the reason I had a tank.

Large Vlamingi Tang. I’ve had him since he was very small.

Mellanurus wrasse.

Large checkerboard wrasse.

Yellow Coris wrasse.

Square spot anthias.

Male lyretail anthias

Cherub angelfish. Cool story behind this guys, he was caught by a friend I know in Florida who is licensed in tropical fish and given to me.

Bi-color blenny

Pink spot shrimp goby

Green Mandarin. I’ve had this fish forever. I rarely see him as he constantly cruises the rocks.

Blue chin trigger. He has a funky eye, not sure whatever happened to him but hes fine.

All the fish are fat, healthy, and none are new additions.

Probably lots of stuff Im forgetting. Ill try to add to this list as I find things, but you will get it all. Theres lots of it as you accumulate a lot of stuff over almost 10 years of reefing. If you have any questions please just ask. Ill try to get pictures added to this ASAP but wanted to get it out there to see how much interest there is.

I don’t even know where to start with all this stuff but Ill start somewhere.

$5k OBO. Lowered to $3750

I don’t want to do a part out as I think it’s a great set up for someone and would like it to all stay together.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I know you already said it is a package deal, but interested in some livestock and wanted to express it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill keep you guys in mind but I am going to give it some time to try to make a deal with someone to move it all at once. If they wanted to part it out, thats fine with me.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I wish you luck on a package deal sale, but if it comes to a part out I'd love first crack on the clam. Thank you and good luck bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the well wishes guys. I think 5k might have been a little high. Let's try 4K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump. I've gotten everyone's messages about what they want should I part out. If that happens I'll let you all know but I would really rather make someone a deal and sell it all.

·
Administrator
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump. Someone has to want a big upgrade for a big discount.

·
Administrator
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gotten lots of pms. Thanks guys. Still trying to sell all at once so bump. I'll let you all know if I decide to part out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts