Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of drilling my 125. I want some input on the glass-holes overflow box.
I am looking at the 1500 gph. My current overflow box is a CPR 1200 and it sounds like a waterfall in my family room.

1. Are they loud?
2. Should I go with bigger than 1500 gph to help with not overloading the drains and noise? (my pump is putting out about 1000 gph to the tank)

I just don"t know.

If you could help me out with this that would be awesome............

·
Registered
84 Posts
Drilling

ken at pet connection in Livonia is probably the best person i can think of to answer any of your question about drilling and pluming set up..

he set up my 65gallon with a 900g rated box set up for the Herbie overflow method..

heres a youtube video of some guy modifying his cpr over flow to make it quite

·
Registered
535 Posts
You can also youtube glass-holes 1500 over flow and they have videos showing how load they are. I believe they only have a video for the 700 though, just for reference.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Glass Holes

I have a 700 on my rimless 50 breeder in my dining room. The only thing you can hear is the return pump and the skimmer pump, the overflow is almost dead silent. Space is at a premium with the size tank I have and I am really happy with this setup. Great customer service as well.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I have the 1500 on my tank from glass-hole...can't hear anything from it. You do however, have to order the top to the box as it is extra. Their instal video is worth watching....any guys who drink beer and drill holes in glass are rather entertaining.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts