Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
300 gal. glass aquarium: Great Lakes Aquarium verses Perfecto. Any recommendations / preferrences / Pros/Cons / experiences ?

Thank you for your time

·
Registered
275 Posts
I purchased a 5' 140 gal. w/ overflow from Great Lakes 2 years ago and have been quite happy with it.

**Edit** Of course, I just happened to take in a Red Wings game when I drove down to pick it up thereby adding to to the overall enjoyment of the purchase.

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts
Geat Lakes

It is very rare to have a good tank builder in the area. I am having them build a 320 and the process and service is excellent. Why go any where else. Plus take pride in supporting your local business. In addition to warrenty good luck sending a 300 back. Im sure Steve would come to and fix.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Steve at Greatlakes is awesome. He has a lot of options that allow you to customize with ie..black silicone, sapphire glass, # of overflows, etc. I can't suggest him any higher .

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
+1 to great lakes, 3 tanks from them, 245 a 130 and now a 45 low, 2 euro braced, one rimless.... excellent customer service.... ask for steve hes the builder...cant go wrong w a local michigan company...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've never had a Perfecto tank so not sure on them. We do however have 2 tanks from Great Lakes and will soon be getting a third from them. The service is great and the whole family that owns and builds the tank are the best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts