Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you all know this is and going to be a great store in SW Michigan. Nice selection and very clean. I got a great deal on brain coral, green horn coral and rose bubble tip. I will post pictures soon.:D

· Registered
3,990 Posts
well the prices arent anything to google over but they are competitive. It is a nice store and I am sure that when he is done setting up it will be better. I bought a 2 head frag of hammer and a blue striped mushroom with some sort of xenia(i think) on it. ill get a pic later tomarow if I get a chance. The big thing I like is the fact he has live mysis shrimp. This will come in handy when I get a chance to visit preuss pets when they have kuda in(captive bred of course). My wife said it took an hour to get to jd's but I think she is on crack. took 30 minutes and thats because of the road construction going on on 131 from m-89 to west main.

· Registered
21 Posts
HELP, need to contact JD'S FISH WORLD

Can anyone please tell me if JD's Fish World is still in business? Or can you get me any contact info (like a phone #)?

I need to talk to him ASAP about a deal gone bad and every phone # I find is disconnected.

PS, I would do this myself and just go there, but we just moved to Arizona before I realized the deal went bad.

Thanks so much!
~Alicia Keltner

· Registered
3,990 Posts
he doesnt have one right now. you can pm him though and he should respond. his id is JD's Fish World. he will get back to you normally within 24hrs.

· Registered
3,990 Posts
I am beginning to wonder if something really did go bad. I will be going there tomarow evening (I hope). I cant remember how late he is open and I dont get out of work till 6:30pm.

· Registered
21 Posts
Jim at JD's has contacted me and said he's sending me a money order. I'll keep everyone posted as to if I receive it or not. It is very possible that this was just an honest mistake, but in my future selling to people & small businesses I'm going to stick with cash or money order's only.

· Registered
3,990 Posts
aliciak said:
Jim at JD's has contacted me and said he's sending me a money order. I'll keep everyone posted as to if I receive it or not. It is very possible that this was just an honest mistake, but in my future selling to people & small businesses I'm going to stick with cash or money order's only.
aahh ok now I understand. Most people do only accept cash or $$$ order. only businesses accept cc's and checks unless you personally know the person very well =].

· Registered
196 Posts
I've only stopped in a couple times now but Jim seems like a great guy with a nice little shop in a killer location.

I keep trying to convince him to raise his prices but he won't listen. :D

Haven't bought anything yet, but I have a rose bta on hold until after I get moved.. - Will update with status once I get it home (after Labor Day weekend.)

Norm

· Registered
3,990 Posts
Jimmy I am not to sure it is worth your drive right now. He really doesnt have much. but then again maybe you will find something that you always wanted hehe. He did tell me he can order just about anything you want. Oh and he has live mysid shrimp =].

· Registered
81 Posts
Jim's a really nice guy- and he has some killer prices. Give him 3 more months to get 2 more big tanks like the one he has and the store will be even better!
I give it an A++

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.