Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
mine are day to day... or should I say night to night... some nights I'll spy and the mat is completely closed up, most nights though, the polyps stay out all night long! you're not alone.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
well

are they growing spreading if so I'd say they are fine. and as always when questions like this are asked good to know the parameters alk ph salinity calcium, should be the main for gsp.

·
Registered
200 Posts
According to an article I read, most corals acutally feed at night as the smaller "critters" come out at night. Since I feed them just before going to bed, I find that my green star and other corrals stay out for at least an hour or two after the lights go out to feed.:)

·
Registered
492 Posts
I noticed mine last night, they were wide open under moonlights. Two different varieties . I decided it was a good time to feed some phyto and reef roids that I still had in the fridge.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Calcium 450
Alk 4.20
PH 8.0-8.2
Mag 1440
SG 1.024
Temp 78-79
Nitrates 0
Phosphates 0.03+ (not quite 0.1)

All Salifert test....& yes...They are growing like crazy...It's also wierd how they look..The new growth is white for a day or so then colors up..You will see in the picture..(In the circle) Maybe they are something other then GSP....In the top picture they are pictured with ORA GSP. & they NEVER close...NO lights of any sort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts