Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering buying a grounding probe, but i have read that they can actual make current flows in the tank actually worse.

Any input on this?

Does anyone have one? or specifically not have one for a certain reason?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have one. When my rio return pump started to go, i had a current in my tank. Just to test out the probe, i put it in and it brought the shock wayyyyy down to almost nothing. When you use it, just make sure it's properly hooked up. And made out of titanium.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it gets to the point to when you add a probe it gets worse, you need to IMMEDIATELY test, find out and remove the equipment that is directly leaking AC current into your tank - If not, you asking to kill your self.
I don't even know how to test the stray current in my tank? How do you do that?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
That was a good link. both articles were informative. I wouldn't know how to test for current either. I could tell you how to test for voltage but, that is different in this case.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was a good link. both articles were informative. I wouldn't know how to test for current either. I could tell you how to test for voltage but, that is different in this case.
well whichever one i need to test for before i add the grounding probe, that's the one i want to test for to see if i even need a grounding probe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.