Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got my 90g up with a pump and heater. Not the ones i want to use but just using it to keep things moving and warm. I will have a fuge with return with will add some flow, was also thinking of two Koralia-3s and two 250watt stealth heaters. How does this sound? or should i go with different powerheads? heaters? all advice wanted :D

Also what kind of return should I get for the fuge? It has to pump from below the tank in the stand approx 4' or little more

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.

I will be buying these tomarrow unless someone tells me other wise or gives me a reason to get something else, or these wouldnt be that great or or or ... :D Looking for advice, Maybe just a "Good choices" or "omg those are horrible" hehehe.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a 90 w/ 1 koralia 4 and 1 3 . will probably add another 3 to get some spota that i didnt get to well with the other 2. I use a (i think) mag 9 or somethin for my return pump.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, maybe i should go with 2 4's then? would the heaters be sufficent? sry my only experience is with my 24g nano cube.. There realy isnt much to it, even with my mods lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
I use a mag 9.5 for my return and 2 #3's that is a lot of movement. I have to angle the return up to keep the sand from mixing up. I would think two 250's would be overkill how warm is the room they are in. I use a single 200w on a 90 and 29 gal fuge (probably another 12 gals.) with no problem. I would probably use 2 150's next time the room is around 69-70 tank is 79-80 degrees.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i would go with the 4's.
i run eheim return pumps and love them. excellent reliability and very quiet.i would also do 2 heater like you planned. one can always fail

1 - 6 of 6 Posts