Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: My devil's finger seems to be attacking a green ricordea! I did rearrange the tank sunday to get a tomato clown out but the ric was by it before and never did anything. So hold your palm out and imagine a ric between your middle and ring finger and your thumb over the middle of said ric. Earlier this morning I noticed it touching it like this. Now it has said middle finger under the middle of ric and say your index finger moved over to the side of the ric to replace where the middle figer was earlier and the thumb is smack dab on the top middle. I imagine i should intervine but how should i proceed? Just try to grab the ric out of it's clutches. Will it come off the hand easily or what?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Boy not much advice forthcoming. I guess i will wait just a little more to see what someone thinks then I'm going in. The ric is really in it's cluthces now. I guess i will start by trying to slowly put the hand away by grabbing the rock it's on. If the ric comes with it i guess i will then try to take it from it. I just don't want to harm either.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Moving them apart shouldn't be a problem. I'd do it quickly before there is any harm done. I'm not sure how those 2 particular corals will interact, but I wouldn't take a chance.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The deed is done. Success. They came apart no problem. End up doing another major reaquascaping again. I don't what that think had in mind but it was trying to pick the ric up or something. I don't know what it was going to do after that but i now have it a safe distance from any mushrooms.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fishtal said:
Moving them apart shouldn't be a problem. I'd do it quickly before there is any harm done. I'm not sure how those 2 particular corals will interact, but I wouldn't take a chance.
I referenced a couple of books and basically the hand is medium to high on aggression and the ric is low so I 'm sure the little devil was going to have it's way with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts