Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My foxface was eating well yesterday, swimming all around, good color.
Today it was lying under a rock, upright, but breathing fast, would not eat, and had turned very dark color.
He has been in the tank for 3 weeks.

Anyway to save him??

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
They do that sometimes. Ive had mine for gosh 5 years and he still does it. They naturally change colors as a defense. Give him some time. Something might have ticked him off.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they change colors, but he is very very weak. He can't move, just barely moving fins

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Has anything else changed with your tank? Any other fish acting up, signs of sickness on him? They will change color whenever they are stressed, pissed and or sick.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No other fish appear sick. I changed 15 gal of water last weekend, but he's been fine since then until last night. Last night he kind of hung around the top of the water line. Tonight he was lying on the botttom of the tank.
I took him out & put in the fuge sump to see if he can recover.
There are no wounds, ich,
Dont know what else to look for

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
How large is the sump. For a fish that size, you are still going to want to give it some swimming room as cramping it will only stress it out more. At this point, closely observe the fish. Look for any signs of sickness. Feed some good quality food possibly soaked in garlic.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried to get him to eat, but would not take food.
He died Friday :(
I looked at the body with a magnifying glass but didn't see anything.
Gills were mucousy but pink.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Sorry to hear that! :(Did you do a freshwater dip just in case it was something parasitic. I have read that some thing swill fall off when dipped for about a minute or so. I hope the rest of your fish stay healthy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts