Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well he has been in my tank since the start it use to beat up snails, now he has moved on to a star fish. He was pretty active last night beating the start fish :confused: any ideas on how I can catch and remove this thing?? I have seen him once in 4 years

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have the same problem, it's moved up to shrimp and small fish killing. I made a trap and caught 3 hermits, a Canary Blennie, and a Banngai, no mantis.

I've read that sometimes you need to remove the rock and pour soda water in the holes to force them out. I haven't gone that far yet, but I'm thinking about it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed I have set a trap today, I hope it works because I have been looking for his rock but no luck... But when I do I think some hp ro will knock him free. Good luck catching yours I will keep you posted on what works or just in my case. I'm trying the bottle trick right now. So fingers crossed

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
My ex gf had one in her rock. He took out some small fish before we decided to try and catch him. We tried to lure him out with food and he refused it. We also tried to scare him out of the rock and he would never come out. Eventually we pulled out the rock and dipped it in freshwater. He still did not come out and was still alive. Finally we poured vinegar down his hole hoping to scare him out and he never came out. After the vinegar he was never seen again.

Obviously we never intended to kiill him but that is what ended up happening. Hopfully you have better results than we did. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.