Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 60 gallon hex flat back 8 gallon sump and 40 gallon refugium/frag tank lots of flow everywhere, i have about 60 pounds of live rock in the tank, one big clam, urchin, all different type of corals, a couple of shrimp and all kinds of crabs. when it comes to fish i have a purple pasutochromis (sorry about the spelling), black and white damsel, bi colored blenny, two green chromis's and thats it 5 fish what else can i put in thats easy to keep and easy to keep alive. i also am not looking for expensive fish thanks. my 2nd half says she wants a scooter blenny? i was thinking i would like maybe a yellow tank and a clown. what do you think? any suggestions

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
A 60 may be too small for the yellow tang. Try a lemon peel angel.... same bright yellow (but with some nice blue accents) and a good community fish.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Yellow Tangs and Clowns(what type/color?) are pretty popular. Or maybe try a 6 line Wrasse they are very cool fish. Or maybe a small watchman goby or something.

·
Registered
51 Posts
your fish

i agree w/ the lemon peel or flame angel, or the 6 line wrass. the wrasse is good from the perspective that it is a pest controller:D

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think every saltwater tank should have a clownfish thats why i first began a sw tank and gobys dig i am not a big fan of that i dont like rock slides

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
They are known to eat, flatworms, bristleworms, and some kind of parasitic snail.

·
Registered
546 Posts
good rule of thumb with fish is 1 fish/10 gallons
flame angels are pretty, but expensive.
Wrasses are sweet and they control bugs. I like the tri-color wrasse.

one of my fav. fish we have is the singapore angel.
I also love our snowflake eel.. feeding him is the coolest!
best of luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
my .02 worth?

i think the cheapest, prettiest reef safe wrasse would be a helichores iradius(radiant fairy wrasse), cirrhilibrus scottorum(scotts fairy wrasse) or cirrhilubrus exquitus(exquisite fairy wrasse) all will run the neighborhood of 50-70 washingtons. sometimes you may find a deal if you are patient. i got a scotts for 40 washingtons!!!!at the lfs as they had it labeled as an exquisite. their loss, my gain.

·
Registered
51 Posts
you want personality?

how about a flame hawk? mine knows everyone in this house. he plays peek-a-boo around the rockwork w/ you(and hes good. he gets excited when you finally spot him) he has 360 degree chameleon eyes. one day he jumped out of my tank while i was here at the computer i looked down at him sliding across the wood floor and his eyes rolled up at me as if to say"wtf did i just do...help me." i picked him up(no squirming) and put him back in the tank. hows that for personality?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I second the flame hawk, i love mine. Also keep in mind that if you go with a lemon peel or flame angel that they are known for picking at some corals, and clam mantles. I recently got rid of my clam for that reason.

·
Registered
115 Posts
How about a firefish they are totally reef safe. Any of the angelfish are not reef safe and tend to eat corals usually. They are not too expensive either and bring some more color to your tank:D !!! I also agree with the six line wrasse. Also any of the fairy wrasses bring alot of color to your tank, there are just so many choices and price differences too. Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
25 Posts
cronamator said:
how about a flame hawk? mine knows everyone in this house. he plays peek-a-boo around the rockwork w/ you(and hes good. he gets excited when you finally spot him) he has 360 degree chameleon eyes. one day he jumped out of my tank while i was here at the computer i looked down at him sliding across the wood floor and his eyes rolled up at me as if to say"wtf did i just do...help me." i picked him up(no squirming) and put him back in the tank. hows that for personality?
That is so funny. What a nice story to tell everytime someone looks at him. But i agree i love my two flame hawks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts