Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any local reefers willing to come out and help me tear my liverock down to catch a flameangel? I have been trying to fish trap him for a week and no luck. The issue is he decided he likes SPS. So I have to get him out. If you have barrels or buckets that would help a ton. Contact me at 616-307-0130

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Try to fish him out with hook and line. Very small hook of course and bait it with a mysid shrimp. Obviously you'll have to try and avoid the other fish. But I've caught fish this way and it is pretty quick as long as they are fairly aggressive feeders.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Try to fish him out with hook and line. Very small hook of course and bait it with a mysid shrimp. Obviously you'll have to try and avoid the other fish. But I've caught fish this way and it is pretty quick as long as they are fairly aggressive feeders.
Agreed, but cut the barb off that hook if you do! Don't want to damage that mouth more that need be

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
i pinch the barb off the hook when fishing in some neighbors ponds, upon their request, and it does do less damage to the fish, all though fish have very few nerves in their mouth anyway, still i guess you wouldn't want to damage the specimen.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to try the hook method. But have very aggressive feeders and would catch everything but him. He kinda hangs back at first.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey everyone, thanks for all the help. Tore my rock pile down yesterday and caught him finally. What a job! Lost my rainbow ricordia in the process......literally cant find it anymore. Either I buried it or it came off rock somehow.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts