Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pb tang had what appeared to be ick this morning so I moved him to hospital tank. By tonight he is listless and upside down on the bottom of the tank. I had started an ick treatment in the tank as well. Any ideas of what I can do?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I gave you an idea what to do a couple months ago. You didn't even know if your tank was cycled and now you have a difficult to keep powder brown tang. You got smart with me. Live and learn I guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Acanthurus and Ich - *****

I second copper in the quarantine plus a quick FW dip right before the addition of copper may kick the ich off a little faster if its real critical. I hope you're not too attached to the fish though. Based upon a previous comment, I would simply suggest that read three times the amount you think is necessary about a subject and wait 5 times longer than you want to buy it. While you wait, go on this site and start a thread. You will like the hobby if you do that. If you keep experiencing die off and frustration, you may burn out.

This should be one of the last fish added to a tank anyway so you can get another. Once you get the fish or save the one you have, its very important (critical) that you get them feeding on algae/veggies fast. If not, ich is almost a guaranty. I have seldom seen a more consistent result than an acanthurus type tang getting ich if he doesn't get an good diet of algae. I like the red sheets on the clip but almost any good algae will work.

Good luck and, if you can turn him, get him feeding on a good, varied diet or else it throws his immune system straight out of whack and its round 2.

No offense intended at all by the way if you are exprienced. I was just judging from the question and the comment that you may be new to the hobby. I also have a sick library if you ever want to borrow any books. I am more than happy to help a new reefer succeed.

Regards,

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts