Michigan Reefers banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a green brain last week and now I'm noticing small spots of white around the edges of the heads I'm not sure if it's dying or if this is normal? It's has not set out any feeder tentacles either since I've had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Doesn't look normal. Looks like the skeleton is showing through. Any idea what your parameters are at? Also double check salinity and temp to make sure those are at acceptable levels. Could also be in a spot thats getting too much light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parameters are normal nitrates are undetectable phosphates are .2 they were a little high but I'm bringing them down with gfo my salinity is a little low it's around 1.022 so I'm slowly bringing it up with my ato and temp is right at around 80

·
Registered
445 Posts
Agreed, dial down the GFO. Nitrates need to be higher for LPS to be happy....at least 2 IME. What lights are you using and how far are they from the sandbed or tank height and light height from the water? That salinity needs to be brought back up too....35 ppt or 1.026 is the gold standard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm using 2 AI prime hd's and they are 29 inches off of the sand bed
currently at this setting

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I'm betting on the gfo...lighting would cause the whole thing to turn pale (not ruling it out, this may be the beginning of it). Either way, try moving it in a sheltered area of the tank while dialing back the gfo. Do you have other corals in the tank?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
GFO can be some nasty stuff if too much is used. In my experience LPS love some nutrients

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah everything else looks super happy anemone is doing good both frog spawns are good mushrooms are good same with hammer corals my war coral haven't sent out any feeder tentacles either but he still has good color in order to dial back the gfo just reduce the flow or actually take out some of the gfo out of the reactor?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts