Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Thanks for anyone who responds to this... I have a 75 gallon fowlr and I want to put some leathers, softies and shrooms in there. Possibly zoas and palys. Current residents of this tank are a kole tang, 2 clowns paired, 4 damsels, a shrimp and a foxface (just got him).. I also have a butterfly which will be going back to the LPS and a knobby that will have to go with it. I want to keep the powercompacts I have and want to know what will thrive under them... My lighting on this tank... is what I do not want to change so I know sps are never going to be in it... I have 3x 96 wts 2 50-50 acitinic daylights and 1 10,000 k daylight... I also kept a reg ballast that has a 40 watt bulb in it only because I just paid over 30 bucks for it and it makes the aquarium super bright and a 4 inch fan keeping the canopy cooled. So I have what from the highest part of the Lr is about middle up in the tank of the 75 gallon. Will zoas, palys, softies like xenia, finger leathers,cabbage leather, kenya, gsp, button polyps/yellow polyps, mushrooms, any type of frog spawn/hammer... live under this lighting? I have a total of 288 wts plus the 40 bulb so like 328 watts total. Someone please give me advise asap.. Katherine

·
Registered
285 Posts
I myself started out as you did, buy a light for softies. Well, i'm on my second light now running a fixture with two 96 watt actinics and 2 halides. Once you start getting corals, you want more. Then you want clams, next comes sps. In this hobby which gets expensive try to do it right the first time. It will save you money and grief in the end. As to what you have now, I would think you'll be alright, nice mixture of daylight and actinic. Have fun

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeffery, So what I would like will work just fine right.. I will be able to throw softies in it, I want to put palys, zoas, leathers, shrooms, etc in it.. I am not into the clams and sps. Although my 37 gal reef hold these with only 36 wts plus 2 65 wts... so whats that like 166wts but the lr goes all but 10 in from the top in the back. They are living in that. I like zoas and palys way more. Katherine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts