Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I posted about a week ago looking for help with a bad cyno out break. So it was one recomendation to use chemiclean and I did and WOW it did clear it up after one treatment. I did a 20% water change 48hours later as recomended here and on the package. but now I can not get my skimmer dialed back in at all no matter what I do it just constantly over flows for now I have put the drain hose back in the sump as i can immagine that it is really bad water. I have a etss reef devil skimmer.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Just turn it way down or even off for another day or so and as the chemclean finishes breaking down in the water your skimmer will go back to normal, there's just still two much of the chemical present in the water to adjust your skimmer right now.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
+1

Give it some time. If it does not start working better after a few more days, you might have to do another large water change in order to remove some more of the chemiclean from the system. It will take a while to completely remove all of the chemical and get your skimmer completely settled back down, but it will get there.

·
Registered
744 Posts
when i used the chemiclean my skimmer went nuts after doing 20 % water change. After a few hours it stopped for me. I would just let it run to help pull out the chemiclean but put it on the lowest setting. IMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts