Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i decided to go check on my tank two nights ago. As most of you know, i take alot of pictures, and am very particular about the cleanliness of my glass, and would notice the slightest little imperfection. Well out of no where i see this HUGE gouge in the side panel, toward the back, and in the middle of the glass. Feels like a huge scratch...except there is no way anything was able to get by it to scratch it, never mind that glass isn't real easy to scratch deep without breaking it. So after a closer look by myself, and a couple friends...we determine...that we aren't sure if its a crack or a scratch.

Well I decide that I would rather not chance it, and went to pick up another tank. Realizing that, given the magnitude, layout, and all around problems i could run into i call a friend. After hitting with a mirror, he sees a hairline crack to the edge.

After he works from 6am till nearly 8pm...he heads my way. Having to Drill the tank, Clean the tank, Plumb the tank, and then having to breakdown the existing tank, which has over 100 pieces of coral in it, move it out, move the new in, and then get it all back together it was a monster task to start at
9pm.

Well about 4:00am the tank was finally in place, and my friend could finally call it a night...well drive home 30 mins, then call it a night. Couple hours later all was back in the tank, and jammin....

None of this would have been possible to do on my own, and I want to publicly thank you for all your help.

Thanks Dave (Dknuckles)-yes

I owe you more than you know.

Junior

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
reminds me of when

I lost my wallet with about 2,000 $ in at a ponderosa a few days back. Cops show up at my house to return the wallet with ALL the money....no lie. They give me the guys cell # i called him and thanked him for returning it ...I must have did something nice for someone down the line and and you must have as well!!!...Pretty cool dude your are Dave....-yes

Good thing you had the resources and awsome ppl to make it happen....Gl with the new tank.....and for gods sakes stop teasing us and lets see some pics:eek:rder
Zac

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same size tank, but this time we drilled the back wall for the return lines (three of them). I still have some plumbing to do tonight, and i hooked up a reefkeeper 2 last night (wow that thing rocks, best 270 bucks Ive spent in a while). I'm spoiled now, hit one button everything turns off that i need to feed, and then at whatever time period i specify automatically turns it all back on (now i dont have to remember to go back down there when i do late night feedings.

Ive got friends that ive had for 20 years that i dont know if they would have pulled that all nighter that dave did.

Dave look out! cause when i find that one in a million piece of coral next, its got your name on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts