Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added Apollo dimmable leds. They are amazing and dimmable via apex attached with a simple ethernet cable. One word "Pop"

Two Vortech MP40W's. Wow

What do you think?

·
Administrator
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well

That is an awesome set up! Posts like these make me wish i had more money for the hobby lol!
I guess its my midlife buy. I dont care for a boat or convertiable. I like engineering and making things better. There is always something that can be done better. I actually talked to the owner of Apollo leds for about 3 hours today about technical advancements.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I guess its my midlife buy. I dont care for a boat or convertiable. I like engineering and making things better. There is always something that can be done better. I actually talked to the owner of Apollo leds for about 3 hours today about technical advancements.
Any reason you choose these over all the other LED options? Did you consider a DIY? are you gonna hang these lights at all?

·
Registered
74 Posts
LED's

I went with LED's for approximately 30 seconds. I didn't have a hood and my tank is in my living room so when you sit on my couch you were blinded by the led's lol. So instead of putting more money and time into a hood i went with what i know and got a new T5 4 bulb fixture. I will eventually upgrade, how much do the apollo led's run? Maybe they will give you a job there as an engineering guy lol

·
Administrator
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes

Any reason you choose these over all the other LED options? Did you consider a DIY? are you gonna hang these lights at all?
In no particular order

1. Neptune Apex interface/ dimmable
2. Comes with suspension cable no cost
3. Uses stand Ethernet cable for dimming functionality no need for 40 dollar cable
4. built in Moonlights
5. 4 built in UV bulbs
6. great construction, only led in class with full size heatsink. They focus on termal cooling.
7. Bulbs are on individual circuits. One bulb burns out the rest still work.
8. Wide spread at 120 watts hard to find with leds - AI was my next choice but very directional.
9. over 200 par at 25" look which my 320 will be close too. Check on youtube for the demo
10. Great customer service.
11. Slight discount for bulk buy
12. I wanted to buy 6 for my 320 build and the owner assured me that I would only need 4. Now that is integrity.
13. Cost, afforadable, High par for low watts. They run effcient which is what I am trying to build a "green tank".

·
Administrator
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow

Looks like some good light output. Will be nice to see how they affect the corals and growth. Any, that is a whole mess of SPS frags! Very sweet.
They doubled over night. I wish.

So far so good. I need to do someting with the inled as you can see it is blocking direct light. Other than that the color is amazing. I cant wait to see what 4 of these look like.

·
Administrator
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Costs

I went with LED's for approximately 30 seconds. I didn't have a hood and my tank is in my living room so when you sit on my couch you were blinded by the led's lol. So instead of putting more money and time into a hood i went with what i know and got a new T5 4 bulb fixture. I will eventually upgrade, how much do the apollo led's run? Maybe they will give you a job there as an engineering guy lol
$399 plus shipping he offers a $20 discount at times.

·
Administrator
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update

My frag system update. Getting Incredible growth and color. Solved pale coral problem. It is not the LEDS it is having too clean of a tank. Added 12 green chromis, feed fish and corals shutting off pumps for an hour and half twice a day. Stopped wet skimming and do very dry skimming. Adding 30 new rare frags that are being shipped in tuesday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.