Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I purchased a niger trigger to put in my tank that has been setup for almost 2 years now. My first fish I got was my hippo tang, which he/she has been living in since the start(obviously after it was done cycling). He/she has had the same hole it has slept in night after night. Last night the niger decided that was where it was going to make its home for the night and not let the hippo in. My hippo was jumping from spot to spot to spot trying to find someplace for the night(he/she kept going back to its spot tryng to get it). My question is, with he/she obviously being stressed about being kicked out of the place it has been the almost 2 years do I just wait it out and see what happens, or I'm thinking maybe returning the niger for something different. Just looking for a little input....Thx

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have had a pink tail trigger and hippo together for years. They are the same size (about 7 inches). They both have made there own homes to sleep in. They fight and are at each other constantly. They don't hurt each other so I just let it go. The hippo is the head of the tank.

I would maybe fill in the hole so they both have to make there own new home or just leave them and see what happens. I think they will be fine.

Mine were fighting really bad a couple weeks ago and couldn't figure out why. I was having to hit the hippo with a stick to calm it down......Then i realized that I had filled my feeder and put it back with it facing backward. All the food was being dumped on top of my light instead of in the tank :wacko:.....So just keep them feed....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input NewBoston I ended up rearranging one end of the tank and adding a new piece of rock that has a similar home so hopefully the Hippo or Niger(once he decides to venture out ) will take that. My hippo was out swimming all day, eating and acting like norm, so i don't think he/she is too stressed out.-yes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts